With Spring Semester back in full swing, we know that parking can be a bit of a hassle, especially during the first two or three weeks of class.
So, here are some tips that should help you avoid the problem of not being able to find one of our coveted parking spaces.
1) Arrive early – give yourself enough time to find a space in the parking structure or on street level. An extra 30 to 45 minutes will help you make it to class on time.
2) Use Light Rail, if possible. The station right behind the main campus is an economical and environmentally friendly way of getting to the campus with minutes to spare (plus, you have no need to worry about a parking space).
3) Carpool, if possible. Every extra person inside a car means that many less cars fighting for the limited spaces.
4) Use the South Lot – located on the Sutterville Bypass a couple of blocks from campus, this overflow lot does not often fill up.
5) Be Patient and Drive Safely – everyone understands the early-semester crunch, so please be careful out there.
Remember, parking rules will be strictly enforced, so use these tips to be successful.