In response to Gov. Jerry Brown’s executive order Wednesday to force Californians to cut water usage by 25%, Sac City College wanted to share a few tips on saving water in the days and months ahead.
1) Keep showers under 5 minutes
2) Use your dishwasher more often (it takes less water than hand-washing dishes does)
3) Check all hoses, faucets and connectors for leaks
4) Water plants deeply, but less frequently
5) If you have an older toilet (pre-1992), consider installing a new, low-flush one
6) Reuse your towels before washing them.
There are more good tips at http://eartheasy.com/live_water_saving.htm
Let’s meet or beat the governor’s orders.