The Sacramento City College community is invited to take part in a day-long Town Hall meeting “Climate Change; Creating our Future” on Saturday, Nov. 14 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the SCC Student Center.
Topics at the event include:
- Model Sacramento: What a Renewable Sacramento Looks Like
- Keep it in the Ground: Stop Fossil Fuel Extraction
- Ecologically-Sound and Fair Economies for all
- It’s Our right of Way: Transportation
- The Future: student & Youth Power
Award-winning author Kim Stanley Robinson will be the keynote speaker, radio host Kat Maudru will serve as the MC, and Sacramento Assemblymember Kevin McCarty will open the event.
The Town Hall is free for students who register before Saturday, Nov. 7, and will include lunch. Community members will be asked to pay between $10 and $40 on sliding scale through Nov. 7. Those who register after Nov. 7, including students, will be asked to pay between $20 and $50.
Register at www.sactownhall2015.brownpapertickets.com
For more information, please call 916-284-1627