When the college outgrew its temporary quarters in the high school, the citizens of Sacramento voted bonds for a new college site and buildings. Sixty acres on Freeport Boulevard opposite William Land Park were purchased and in September 1925, the cornerstone of the first new building was laid. The college was transferred in 1926 to its new permanent campus.
The first new buildings consisted of administration, classroom and laboratory units and a gymnasium. With expansion came the demand for more buildings. Between 1928 and 1965 many other facilities were added to the original plan. Lillard and Mohr Halls were ready for occupancy in the spring semester of 1963. These buildings house Science and Nursing Education. During the 1964-65 school year a new wing of the library, a new cafeteria, and new facilities for men's physical education became available. A Student Center and an additional Physical Education Building were constructed in 1969. In 1970, the Business-Learning Center Building, the Art Court Theatre and the Graphic Arts-Cosmetology Building were ready for occupancy. The Aeronautics addition was completed in Spring, 1974 and was dedicated in May, 1982 as the Hilton F. Lusk Aeronautical Center. The original classroom building was replaced in 1976 with a new classroom-administration structure that was dedicated May, 1980 as Rodda Hall.
1980 also witnessed the remodeling of the Administration of Justice Building, the conversion of the Engineering Building into art laboratories (dedicated in May, 1982 as the Amalia Fischbacher Fine Arts Building) and the construction of a welding facility as well as a remodel of the nursing facility. During 1990-1991 a performing arts complex, including a music building, was completed. Remodeling of the Auditorium interior was completed in 1993 and dedicated in October of that year. A Child Development Center was completed in 1993 and dedicated in November, 1993. A new Learning Resource Center opened in the fall of 1998.
With the development of the College's Facilities Master Plan in 2003, the College has embarked on a modernization and parking improvement program that will span the next decade and beyond. A new 1,950 space parking garage was completed in January, 2007. The Technology building was modernized and completed in Spring 2006 followed by the Cosmetology building completed in Spring 2006, and the North Gymnasium in Fall 2008. The next buildings planned for modernization include the Fine Arts building beginning in Spring 2009 followed by the Performing Arts Center in Summer 2011.