Jesus (Frank) Malaret, Dean
Programs of Study:
|Family & Consumer Science||Instructional Assisting
| Early Childhood Education
||Liberal Studies for Elementary Teachers|
||Nutrition and Foods|
The mission of Family and Consumer Sciences in the California community colleges is to prepare individuals to function effectively in changing family, community and work environments. Family and Consumer Sciences provide educational opportunities that respond to human needs, future technologies and global changes in preparing students for employment, careers, advanced study and lifelong learning. Family and Consumer Sciences enable individuals to develop skills that improve the quality of life in a diverse society.
- Provide access for all students in California community colleges to Family and Consumer Sciences programs and services that meet their career, family and individual needs.
- Provide alternative delivery systems designed to meet the changing needs of individuals and organizations within the community.
- Provide diversity of programs and services to meet the needs of a pluralistic society, increase awareness of equity issues and special needs populations and enhance opportunities for individuals to improve the quality of life.
- Provide off-campus and outreach instruction and distance education to meet lifelong learning needs of individuals and organizations within the community.
- Prepare individuals for advanced study in traditional, non-traditional and high technology fields in order to interface with a global economy.
- Provide individuals with competency skills which meet their career goals and lead to placement in a job for which they have been trained.
From California Community College Family and Consumer Science Program Plan