Jim Collins, Dean
Welcome to the Occupational Therapy Assistant Program at Sacramento City College!
If after having reviewed our pages you need additional information, please contact us and we will reply as soon as possible:
OTA Program Application Process Update
Effective for the 2013 application period, the OTA Program will institute an online application process. The eligibility requirements will not change, just the process for submitting your application. In addition, the application period will open in August and close in September, 2013. This is for the class entering Spring 2014. Details with specific instructions, dates, and FAQs will be posted when the materials are finalized.
Get Two Degrees - Occupational Therapy and Gerontology
- Consider this as part of your educational plan while waiting to apply to the OTA Program.
- With a few additional courses, you could get two related and meaningful degrees. No need to apply to the Gerontology program - just take classes that meet the degree requirements.
- Courses that overlap both programs: Lifespan Human Development and Nutrition
- Course that will be accepted by OTA in lieu of Sociology or Cultural Anthropology: Sociology of Aging
- Read more about the SCC Gerontology program.
- Contact Dr. Jessica Coppola at CoppolJ@scc.losrios.edu for additional information about the Gerontology program
Occupational Therapy: Living Life to Its Fullest™