Financial Aid is available to students participating in the Study Abroad Program. Students who qualify may be eligible for grants, loans, and scholarships.
There are additional fees associated with studying abroad. We encourage students to start planning early and budget for your semester abroad. Visit the Financial Literacy website to get more information on budgeting and financial planning.
1. Complete Application for Federal Student Aid:
- You may be eligible to have your enrollment fees waived by completing a Board of Governors (BOG) Fee Waiver.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply for grants and loans.
2. Make an Appointment with Advisor:
Make an appointment with a Financial Aid Study Abroad Advisor at the Los Rios Community College District Campus (ARC, CRC, FLC, or SCC) from which you will graduate or transfer.
- American River College: Ge Lor, Financial Aid Officer, (916) 484-8625.
- Cosumnes River College: Phuong Le, Financial Aid Officer, (916) 691-7421.
- Folsom Lake College: Irina Randak, Financial Aid Officer, Folsom Lake College, (916) 608-6714.
- Sacramento City College: Reggie Jean-Gilles, Financial Aid Officer, Sacramento City College, (916) 558-2046.
3. Study Abroad Financial Aid Opportunities:
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships and Grants offer a limited number of $500 Ambassador scholarships and $1000 Opportunity scholarship.
The Benjamin Gilman Scholarship offers a competition for awards for study abroad for students who are receiving federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university. Award amounts vary, but can range up to $5,000. Gilman scholarships require an approved "Follow On" project that must be approved by the Los Rios Study Abroad Managing Director, Frank Malaret and Riad Bahhur, Coordinator, SCC International Studies Program.
California Colleges for International Education Student Scholarship is a consortium dedicated to the ideal of increasing international understanding through education.
4. Additional Scholarship and Financial Aid Opportunities:
- Center for Global Education
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
- FinAid Scholarships
- Institute of International Education
- International Education Financial Aid
- Scholarship Search
- Study Abroad Loans