Sacramento City College encourages 11th and 12th grade students (and other high school students under special conditions) to enroll for advanced educational enrichment with the approval of their principal/counselor and parent/guardian. High school students may take up to two classes and grades are posted on official college transcripts. California residents are exempt from enrollment fees, but not from books/material costs. Fees for non-residents still apply.
High school students enrolled in Advanced Education classes earn college credit and get a jumpstart on classes that may apply toward a certificate or degree at Sacramento City College and/or transfer to a four-year college or university.
How to Enroll
- Check out the class schedule at http://www.scc.losrios.edu and click Class Schedule.
- Complete an online application for admission at http://www.scc.losrios.edu and click Application.
- Bring the completed Advanced Education Application and your transcript to Sacramento City College or our outreach centers for a counselor's signature. The counseling office in Rodda North 147 is open Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. For your convenience, this office is also open for some Saturday Services. Students may call 558-2204 for an appointment.
- Enroll for classes! Turn in the Advanced Education Application to Admissions and Records in Rodda North 159 at your registration time. High School students may register during Priority 4, open, and late registration. This office is open Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. For your convenience, this office is also open for some Saturday Services.
* No remedial classes will be offered. For most classes, students must have a minimum 2.7 GPA. Some other restrictions may apply.
For further information, please call (916) 558-2351 or e-mail email@example.com