SCC is an institution of higher learning and requires students who are seeking private loan services to meet and maintain the standards of all eligible financial aid recipients.
SCC does not advise or promote Private Lenders. It is the student’s responsibility to research and determine what lender they will select. Some of the Lenders students have selected are:
- Sallie Mae
- Wells Fargo
SCC provides private student loan certification services for students who meet the following requirements:
- All students must complete a FAFSA application with SCC at www.fafsa.gov.
- All students must have an eligible educational goal and major.
- All students must have:
- Cumulative 2.0 GPA and
- 75% successful progress percentage of all units attempted
- Enroll in Six (6) eligible units (in session.)
- Received an SCC Financial Aid Award Notification or SAP Denied Final Notification (earned BA degree or reached 120 units attempted.)
- If you have received an SCC Financial Aid Award Notification, please sign and submit a completed "Award Adjustment" form to decline the direct loan program.
- Private loans are given a submission date of whichever date is the later of their private loan application date or their SCC Financial Aid Award Notification date. Students may view their submission dates on "My City Aid" message tab under the private loan status dates.