Phone: (916) 558-2303
Fax: Not Available
Students and community members may make appointments to have their teeth cleaned at SCC's Dental Health Clinic. Services include cleaning and polishing teeth, fluoride applications, pit & fissure sealants, and home-care instructions. With a written request from a dentist, dental X-rays can be provided.
The dental hygiene clinic is a teaching facility. Although we provide an excellent service to the public, our primary goal is to provide students with patients with which to enhance their clinical skills. Only those individuals that can provide adequate education for the students will be selected as patients.General Information
- All work is performed by students under the direct supervision of a dentist and dental hygienists.
- Appointments take from 2-3 hours. Students work carefully, paperwork is extensive, and the work is checked numerous times during the appointment. More than one appointment may be needed.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, we must have 48 hours advance notice. This will allow us to schedule another patient. If the student does not have a patient for the day, he or she is deprived of valuable clinic time.
- Many individuals seek treatment in our clinic. Those individuals who fail to keep appointments or fail to give 48 hours notice, may be discontinued as patients. - Because of the large demand for our services, patients can only have their teeth cleaned at the clinic once each year.
- As a service to patients, students will extend a courteous confirmation call for your visit. If they cannot get in touch with you to confirm the appointment, you are still expected to keep your appointment.