- Wireless Network Card
- Registered student at any of the colleges in the Los Rios Community District
- Faculty or Staff member of the Los Rios Community College District
- Your LRCCD domain username and password.
What username and password do I use? Each employee and student of the Los Rios Community College District has a unique login comprised of a username and password. The username is W+Student ID or W+Employee ID. The password is the one associated with that username. This is the same password you use to access eServices or, if you are an employee, your Outlook Account.
Security: Wireless traffic over the LRCCD wireless network is protected using Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA2). WPA2 doesn't guarantee that your sensitive data is protected. You should keep your system protected with a personal firewall and antivirus software.
Acceptable Use: The Los Rios Community College District offers the wireless network to students, faculty and staff. Please adhere to all District policies related to computer use when utilizing this service. The policies and regulation are outlined in section 7800. More information can be found at http://www.losrios.edu/legal/Regulations/R-7000/R-7811.htm.
CONNECTING TO THE NETWORK
In general, follow the instructions below to connect to the network.
1. Open your Network and Sharing Center, or, if you have a MAC, open the Network Preferences to view available Wi-Fi Networks. Click connect to LRCCD Wi-Fi.
2. You will be prompted to enter Username and password.
3. Next, you will be asked to accept the certificate on your device.
More specific instructions are sometimes necessary to connect to the network, depending on your computer configuration and operating system. For Windows 7/8, you can download a script to install the settings on your laptop. Click here to download instructions to manually configure MACs, Windows 7/8, and Windows XP.