To schedule a tutoring appointment, visit the Writing Center or call us at 558-2126.
On your first visit, you will be asked to fill out a short referral form and register on one of our computers for HS 1000, a zero-unit, zero-fee class.
We also ask that students sign in and out on our computer before and after each tutoring session.
- Tutoring sessions are approximately one hour long.
- Students with appointments have first priority.
- If students are late for their appointments, tutors will only wait ten minutes. After that, anyone waiting for a walk-in appointment may be given that appointment time.
- Students may only participate in one tutoring session per day, regardless of how long the first session was.
- Students are limited to no more than two sessions total per week whether those sessions are scheduled in advance or walk-ins.
- Tutors can only work with students currently enrolled at SCC.
- Students must be signed up for HS 1000 and have a Referral Form on file at the front desk.
- Tutors may not complete, correct, or edit any essays, papers, or workbooks.
- Tutors cannot provide assistance on the same day the assignment is due. Students must leave adequate time to receive feedback and revise their work.
- Students should bring a physical copy of their assignment as well as the prompt and any related readings to every session.
- If a student misses more than one appointment without notifying the Writing Center before the appointment time, that student will not be allowed to schedule further appointments that semester. However, we will welcome the student to come in for walk-in appointments.