The following Safety Tips were prepared in an effort to further provide a safer working and learning environment:
- Know the locations of Emergency Phones on campus.
- If you park in the student parking area during the evening, ride the shuttle bus.
- Walk in lighted areas and with another person if possible.
- After entering, and before leaving your vehicle, make sure all window and doors are secured.
- Have your keys ready and in your hands before you go to your vehicle.
- Look in your vehicle before entering; check in the back seat and on the floor.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Use a "carryall" of some type so that you will always have at least one arm free.
- Report suspicious activities or persons to the College Police immediately.
- Do not leave your articles (books, purses, etc.) unattended.
- Use the crosswalks.
- Do not block or run on the stairs, and use the handrails.
- Please park on campus; it is much safer.
The Sacramento City College College Police are located in the parking structure and are there to assist you. Stop in or call the College Police if you are parked on campus and need assistance with your vehicle, to report accidents, losses, and suspicious occurrences. You can call them at 558-2221, or pick up one of the Emergency Phones, which will connect you directly with the College Police Office.