California Department of Justice
For nearly 150 years, the Office of the Attorney General, Department of Justice, has served as the people’s own law office and California’s leader in law enforcement and crime prevention. While the department has taken on many challenges and new responsibilities over the years, DOJ employees have earned an outstanding reputation for meeting the highest professional standards, providing great service, and demonstrating courageous leadership and a commitment to excellence to the people of California.
- Bureau of Firearms
- Bureau of Forensic Services
- Bureau of Gambling Control
- Bureau of Investigation
- Bureau of Medi-Cal Fraud & Elder Abuse
California – DOJ:
California Highway Patrol
The mission of the California Highway Patrol is to provide the highest level of safety, service, and security to the people of California. This is accomplished through five departmental goals:
- Prevent Loss of Life, Injuries, and Property Damage – To minimize the loss of life, personal injury, and property damage resulting from traffic collisions through enforcement, education, and engineering. To enforce the provisions of the California Vehicle Code and other laws to prevent crime.
- Maximize Service to the Public and Assistance to Allied Agencies – To maximize service to the public in need of aid or information, and to assist other public agencies when appropriate.
- Manage Traffic and Emergency Incidents – To promote the safe and efficient movement of people and goods throughout California, and to minimize exposure of the public to unsafe conditions resulting from emergency incidents and highway impediments.
- Protect Public and State Assets – To protect the public, their property, state employees, and the state’s infrastructure. To collaborate with local, state, and federal public safety agencies to protect California.
- Improve Departmental Efficiency – To continuously look for ways to increase the efficiency and/or effectiveness of departmental operations.
Alcohol Beverage Control
The mission of the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control is to administer the provisions of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Act in a manner that fosters and protects the health, safety, welfare, and economic well being of the people of the State.