Who can enroll in Advanced Education classes?
- You must demonstrate exemplary academic achievement, as demonstrated by multiple measures including, but not limited to grades in similar courses, GPA of 2.7, analysis of transcripts, assessment results, other student achievements, and/or letters of support from high school counselors and teachers, except when enrolling in the following courses or programs: Academies (e.g., electronics or health); Special college-based programs targeted for at-risk students, such as AVID, PACE and the Early Start Program.
- You must have completed the tenth grade or be 16 years of age by the first day of instruction.
- You must be mature enough to understand the course material and to benefit from the presentation style.
- You must be mature enough to avoid jeopardizing your safety or the safety of others.
How to Enroll
- Check out the class schedule.
- Complete an online application for admission.
- Bring the completed Advanced Education Application and your transcript to Sacramento City College or our outreach centers for a counselor’s signature. The counseling office in Rodda Hall North 147 is open Monday – Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. For your convenience, this office is also open for some Saturday Services. Students may call 558-2204 for an appointment.
- Enroll for classes! Turn in the Advanced Education Application to Admissions and Records in Rodda Hall North 159 at your registration time. High School students may register during Priority 3, open, and late registration. This office is open Monday – Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. For your convenience, this office is also open for some Saturday Services.