The security of your information is very important to us. That is why we will not discuss your records over the phone. This includes resetting your password. If you do not remember your password reset questions, you must come to the campus or one of the outreach centers in person with photo identification. To obtain a copy of your records, including your current enrollment, you must either log in to eServices or come in person with picture identification. You can also order your official transcripts online

Student Rights under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

Students have the right to:

  1. Inspect and review their own education records within a reasonable time after the College receives a request for access. If a student wants to review his or her record, they should contact the Vice President of Student Services for a petition.
  2. Request an amendment of their education record if a student believes it is inaccurate or misleading. If a student feels there is an error in his or her record, the student should submit a statement to the College official responsible for the record, clearly identifying the part of the record he or she wants changed and why he or she believes it is inaccurate or misleading. That office will notify the student of their decision and advise of any appropriate appeal rights.
  3. Consent to disclosure of personally identifiable information contained in the student’s education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent. There are several exceptions which permit disclosure without consent, including but not limited to:
    • Disclosure to school officials with “legitimate educational interests.”
    • “Directory information.” Directory information is a student’s name, student identification number, major field of study, participation in officially recognized activities and sports, weight and height of members of athletic teams, dates of attendance, degrees and awards received, and most recent previous public or private school attended by the student. A student has the right to withhold the release of directory information. To do so, the student must complete a form, which is available from the Office of Admissions and Records. However, placing a “No Release” on a student’s records means that no one including friends, parents, prospective employers, honor societies or any other group or individual will be able to obtain this information.
  4. File a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by the University to comply with the requirements of FERPA. Further information about FERPA and student records can be found in the Los Rios Community College District Policy and Regulation 2265 and at the College office of the Vice President of Student Services.