Commencement 2017 will be held at Memorial Auditorium in downtown Sacramento! The deadline for registration to participate in commencement is May 8, 2017.
- What you need to know about commencement may be found in these Web pages.
- Graduates and graduate candidates assemble on the east side of Memorial Auditorium at 5:00 p.m..
- The ceremony will begin at 6:30 pm in Memorial Auditorium.
- Please refer to the Memorial Auditorium parking website for parking information.
- SCC does not conduct Commencement rehearsals. Graduates and graduate candidates are expected at Memorial Auditorium by 5:00 pm appropriately attired in a black gown, black mortarboard, with the black tassel hanging from the right front side of the mortarboard.
- Only candidates will be permitted to participate in the Procession.
- Your name should be in the Commencement Program if you filed your petition to graduate according to the Admissions & Records deadline. Registering to “walk” does not guarantee that your name will be in the program.
- Academic Honors, described as Great Distinction (3.50 – 4.0+ GPA) and Distinction (3.0 – 3.49 GPA) in the Commencement Program, are calculated based upon your grades from all semesters prior to your semester of graduation. Contact Admissions & Records at 558-2351 to find out if you are receiving Academic Honors and therefore eligible to wear an Honor Cord at Commencement. The Academic Honors list will be available late April.
- Information on tickets/guests will be available April 20, 2017.
Accommodations for graduate candidates with disabilities must be requested in advance. If you are an individual with a disability, please email Kim Goff by May 10 and let her know how she can assist you. For the deaf or hard of hearing, an American sign language interpreter will be present on stage.
This is a time when our most important public, your family and friends, are observing the graduating class and the College. Sacramento City College has a tradition of high standards. This final official ceremony should reflect that tradition with dignity.
- Sacramento City College requests your cooperation in complying with the following commencement dress rules. Approved commencement dress consists of black robe, black mortarboard and black tassel. Honor students may wear a gold cord. PTK members may wear a gold PTK stole and other approved PTK regalia sold in the SCC College Store. Any other ornamentation is subject to approval by the SCC Administration.
- Wear comfortable shoes. For safety reasons, bare feet will not be permitted and high heels are discouraged.
- Black mortarboard and gowns, announcements, and PTK regalia may be purchased at the College Store beginning May 2. For information, call 558-2421, or email the College Store: email@example.com.
- There are no provisions at the assembly area to leave coats, purses, backpacks, umbrellas or other personal belongings. FOR SAFETY REASONS, GRADUATES ARE NOT PERMITTED TO CARRY OR WEAR THESE ITEMS IN THE PROCESSION.
- When you gather on the east side of Memorial Auditorium, fill-out a Stage Card, which you will keep in your possession until the time you are cued to present it to the Faculty Marshal during the program.
- The college has arranged for a commercial photographer to photograph graduates individually as they cross the stage upon receiving the diploma. Proofs and information on ordering prints will be mailed to participants by the photographer at no cost or obligation.
- The ceremony may last up to two hours.
- For your safety, balloons, fireworks and other extraneous items are prohibited.
- The Los Rios Community College District prohibits the use, sale or possession of any controlled substance.
- Smoking during the ceremony is strictly prohibited.
- Turn off all cellular phones before the ceremony begins.
- Remain seated until you are given instructions to exit Memorial Auditorium.
- Admissions & Records will mail your diploma to you.
Each graduate will get six tickets to the Ceremony for guests. If there are additional tickets, they will be made available the day prior to Commencement, May 16, at noon. Ticket pick-up:
- Monday, May 15, Admissions & Records 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Student Services Building)
- Tuesday, May 16, Admissions & Records 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Additional tickets on a first come/first served basis at noon on May 16, Admissions & Records
Please bring your picture ID and make sure you’ve signed up for Commencement.
You may purchase your mortarboard and gown from the College Store beginning May 1. The College Store will also offer purchase of graduation announcements, extra tassels and other commencement items. Questions? Contact the College Store by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to submit a request to “walk” at commencement you must read and “Agree” to be bound by all of the rules and regulations found on this web page.Top