Commencement 2014 will be held at Hughes Stadium this year! The deadline for registration to participate in commencement is May 9, 2014.
- What you need to know about commencement may be found in these Web pages.
- Graduates and graduate candidates assemble in the South Gym at 5:00 pm.
- The ceremony will begin at 6:30 pm at Hughes Stadium.
- If you have not received an approval letter regarding your eligibility for graduation, call Admissions & Records at 558-2351.
- Parking is free. Graduates and guests can park in the parking structure on campus.
- SCC does not conduct Commencement rehearsals. Graduates and graduate candidates are expected in the South Gym by 5:00 pm appropriately attired in a black gown, black mortarboard, with the black tassel hanging from the right front side of the mortarboard.
- Only candidates will be permitted to participate in the Procession.
- Your name should be in the Commencement Program if you filed your petition to graduate according to the Admissions & Records deadline. Registering to “walk” does not guarantee that your name will be in the program.
- Academic Honors, described as Great Distinction (3.50 – 4.0+ GPA) and Distinction (3.0 – 3.49 GPA) in the Commencement Program, are calculated based upon your grades from all semesters prior to your semester of graduation. Contact Admissions & Records at 558-2351 to find out if you are receiving Academic Honors and therefore eligible to wear an Honor Cord at Commencement. The Academic Honors list will be available late March.
- Doors will open at 5:30 pm Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Accommodations for graduate candidates with disabilities must be requested in advance. If you are an individual with a disability, please call Kim Goff at 558-2054 by May 12 and let her know how she can assist you. For the deaf or hard of hearing, an American sign language interpreter will be present on stage.
This is a time when our most important public, your family and friends, are observing the graduating class and the College. Sacramento City College has a tradition of high standards. This final official ceremony should reflect that tradition with dignity.
- You do not need a ticket to participate in the ceremony.
- Sacramento City College requests your cooperation in complying with the following commencement dress rules. Approved commencement dress consists of black robe, black mortarboard and black tassel. Honor students may wear a gold cord. PTK members may wear a gold PTK stole and other approved PTK regalia sold in the SCC College Store. All other ornamentation, including but not limited to signs on the top of mortarboards, buttons, etc. are considered extraneous and are not permitted.
- Wear comfortable shoes. For safety reasons, bare feet will not be permitted and high heels are discouraged.
- Black mortarboard and gowns, announcements, and PTK regalia may be purchased at the College Store beginning May 1. For information, call 558-2421, or email the College Store: email@example.com.
- There are no provisions at the assembly area to leave coats, purses, backpacks, umbrellas or other personal belongings. FOR SAFETY REASONS, GRADUATES ARE NOT PERMITTED TO CARRY OR WEAR THESE ITEMS IN THE PROCESSION.
- When you gather in the South Gym, fill-out a Stage Card, which you will keep in your possession until the time you are cued to present it to the Faculty Marshal during the program.
- The college has arranged for a commercial photographer to photograph graduates individually as they cross the stage upon receiving the diploma. Proofs and information on ordering prints will be mailed to participants by the photographer at no cost or obligation.
- The ceremony may last up to two hours.
- For your safety, balloons, fireworks and other extraneous items are prohibited.
- The Los Rios Community College District prohibits the use, sale or possession of, or presence at an SCC event under the influence of, any controlled substance.
- Smoking during the ceremony is strictly prohibited.
- Turn off all pagers, electronic watch alarms, and cellular phones before the ceremony begins.
- Remain seated until you are given instructions to exit Hughes Stadium.
- Admissions & Records will mail your diploma to you.
- RAIN PLAN. In case of rain, each graduate will receive two tickets for family or friends to attend the ceremony in the Performing Arts Center on campus. Other guests will be directed to rooms on campus where they can watch the ceremony streamed live.
Invite your family and friends to visit the Guest Information link on this website for ceremony information. Hughes Stadium will open at 5:30 p.m. However, we advise you to arrive in advance of this time to allow for parking. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
You may purchase your mortarboard and gown from the College Store beginning May 1. The College Store will also offer purchase of graduation announcements, diploma covers, extra tassels and other commencement items. Questions? Contact the College Store by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to submit a request to “walk” at commencement you must read and “Agree” to be bound by all of the rules and regulations found on this web page.Top