Air Traffic Control Contacts
- Lead Instructor: Scott Miller
Sacramento City College maintains a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Air Traffic Control (ATC) Program. Our two-year degree program is designed to meet the needs of students who want to gain employment with one of the FAA’s ATC facilities, work in a contract ATC facility, or work in an ATC facility for the military.
Employment opportunities exist within the Federal Aviation Administration’s National Air Traffic Control system, as well as with numerous contract facilities throughout the country and with the military worldwide.
To be eligible for enrollment in the program, the student must meet the
- The Federal Aviation Administration requires that all applicants read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- perform the duties of an air traffic control (ATC) intern at a local ATC facility.
- interpret Federal Aviation Regulations that pertain to Air Traffic Control procedures.
- utilize correct air/ground communication terminology and phraseology.
- interpret terminal and en-route weather reports.
Associate in Science Degree
The Air Traffic Control Associate in Science (A.S.) degree may be obtained by completion of the required program, plus general education requirements, plus sufficient electives to meet a 60-unit total. See SCC graduation requirements.