Aircraft Dispatcher Contacts
- Lead Instructor: Scott Miller
Sacramento City College maintains a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approved Aircraft Dispatcher (AD) Program. Our one-year certificate and two-year degree programs are designed to meet the needs of students who desire the technical training in order to qualify for the written, oral, and practical tests for the FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate.
All required courses must be passed with a grade of “C” or better.
Upon passing the appropriate FAA AD examinations, the graduate is certificated to perform the duties of an aircraft dispatcher.
Aircraft Dispatchers are employed by all major and regional airlines worldwide. Many jet charter and helicopter air ambulance operators, as well as government agencies and the military, utilize their services.
To be eligible for enrollment in the program, the student must meet the following criteria:
- The Federal Aviation Administration requires that all applicants read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- perform the required duties of an Aircraft Dispatcher, as outlined by the Federal Aviation Administration.
- qualify to take the written, oral, and practical examinations for the Federal Aviation Administration’s aircraft dispatcher certificate.
- apply concepts learned such as weather analysis, large aircraft systems, regulations, and human factors to practical Aircraft Dispatcher problems.
Associate in Science Degree
The Aircraft Dispatcher Associate in Science (A.S.) degree may be obtained by completion of the required program, plus general education requirements, plus sufficient electives to meet a 60-unit total. See SCC graduation requirements.
Certificate of Achievement (COA)
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required program with grades of “C” or better or equivalent.