The Allied Health Learning Community is a structured pathway with guaranteed enrollment in the course sections you need to complete the prerequisites for our allied health programs:
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Registered Nursing
- Dental Hygiene
- Dental Assisting
- Vocational Nursing
The program is also designed to help you earn an Associate of Science Degree. Most of the units earned will transfer to a four year college!
Who is Eligible for the Program?
High school graduates between the ages of 18-20 who are interested in a career in health care.
Students must complete the following:
- Apply to Enroll as a student in Sacramento City College
- Complete the online orientation
- Complete the Reading, writing and math assessments (Check out the Assessment Center Study Guides on the Assessment Web Page !)
- Complete the AHLC online application (which will require attaching your Los Rios assessment results)
Priority Deadline: March 1st, 2016.
The AHLC final deadline is April 1st, 2016 or until the cohort is full!
- A high school GPA of 2.0 or better
- Completed Algebra 2 (Intermediate Algebra) in high school with a grade of “C” or better
- Completed English 12 in high school with grade of “C” or better
- Assessed into Math 100 or higher through the Los Rios Assessment process
- Assessed into English Reading 110 or higher through the Los Rios Assessment process
- Assessed into English Writing 101 or higher through the Los Rios Assessment process