What Is CLEP?
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) is a rigorous College Board program that allows students of a wide range of ages to demonstrate their mastery of college-level material in introductory subjects and earn college credit.
- CLEP offers 33 college subject examinations
- Cost $80.00 per exam paid to College Board through CLEP website
- Administered via Internet based testing year-round
- Most exams are 90 to 120 minutes
- Results are available immediately
What students need to know about taking CLEP exams at Sacramento City College
- Students who have completed 12 units at SCC can take a CLEP exam at the SCC Assessment Center
- Students must register and pay exam fees with College Board prior scheduling their exam at the SCC Assessment Center
- CLEP Exams are offered on SCC campus on Fridays by appointment. Please contact the SCC Assessment Center at (916)558-2541.
Sacramento City College Catalog:
“After completing 12 units at Sacramento City College, a student may submit qualifying scores for the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) to the Admissions and Records Office. Students may be granted up to 30 units of credit for examinations with scores of 50 percentile or higher. Students should be aware that four-year colleges have the right to accept, modify, or reject CLEP units.”