Students do not need to take assessment tests if they:
- Have already earned an AA or AS Degree or higher.
- Can document competency in reading, writing and math through previous college courses.
Students should take assessment tests if:
- English or English as a Second Language (ESL) assessments were taken outside of the Los Rios Community College District and students have not completed coursework in these areas.
- Math assessments were taken outside of the Los Rios Community College District. (The Math Division accepts some math assessments from other colleges. Students with math test results from outside Los Rios should call the Math Division at (916) 558-2202 for more information.
For test schedule information, please see Testing Schedule in the menu bar above.
Students who have completed coursework in English, ESL and math outside of the Los Rios College District and require prerequisites please do the following:
- For English and ESL courses evaluation, please contact the Language and Literature Department at (916)558-2325.
- Please bring your unofficial transcript(s) for English or ESL courses to Rodda Hall South Room 226 (RHS226).
- For math courses evaluation, please do the following:
- Review the Approved Math External Credit list on the Admission and Records website (under Prerequisite Information Tab)
- If the course is not an the Approved Math External Credit list , bring a course description from the identified catalog, a transcript with proof of passing the course, AP scores if taken to the Admission and Records. You will have to complete a Math Prerequisite Equivalency form at the Admission and Records.
- If you have any questions regarding this process, please call the Admission and Records Office at (916)558-2351.
Students who have completed assessment testing should:
- Call the Counseling Center at (916) 558-2204 to schedule an appointment.
- Bring Los Rios test results to your counseling appointment.
- Bring unofficial transcript from your previous college to your counseling appointment; courses completed at colleges outside Los Rios may satisfy prerequisites for English, math, and other courses and/or meet transfer requirements.
- Mail your official, sealed transcript to the Admission and Records Office at the following address:
Sacramento City College Admission and Records Office
3835 Freeport Blvd. Student Services Building Room 103
Sacramento, CA 95822
With your transcript, you may be able to satisfy prerequisites for English, math and other courses and meet transfer requirements.