Students Transferring From Another College

Students do not need to take assessment tests if they:

  • Have already earned an AA or AS Degree or higher.
  • Can document competency in reading, writing and math through previous college courses.

Students should take assessment tests if:

  • English or English as a Second Language (ESL) assessment was taken outside of the Los Rios Community College District and they have not completed coursework in these areas.
  • Math assessments were taken outside of the Los Rios Community College District.   (The Math Division accepts some math assessments from other colleges. Students with math test results from outside Los Rios should call the Math Division at (916) 558-2202 for more information.

For test schedule information, please see Testing Schedule in the menu bar above.

Students who have completed assessment testing should:

  • Call the Counseling Center at (916) 558-2204 to schedule an appointment.
  • Bring Los Rios test results to your counseling appointment.
  • Bring unofficial transcript from your previous college to your counseling appointment; courses completed at colleges outside Los Rios may satisfy prerequisites for English, math, and other courses and/or meet transfer requirements.
  • Mail your official, sealed transcript to the Admission and Records Office at the following address:

Sacramento City College Admission and Records Office

3835 Freeport Blvd. Student Services Building Room 103

Sacramento, CA 95822

With your transcript, you may be able to satisfy prerequisites for English, math and other courses and meet transfer requirements.