1. What is the Salary Schedule for Adjunct Faculty?
What is the Salary Schedule for Adjunct Faculty?
Specific questions should be addressed to the Human Resources Office at the District Office.
You may call:
916-568-3112 to speak with someone.
2. How do I apply for a Teaching Position?
How do I apply for a Teaching Position?
Follow instructions on the Los Rios Community College District Website:
3. Are there Maps available?
Are there Maps available?
4. How can I confirm my Class Schedule?
How can I confirm my Class Schedule?
Date, Time, Room Number, etc.
1. Speak with the Division Staff, Dean and your Department Chairperson(s).
2. Look up the course(s) you have been assigned by going to the Class Schedule Website: Check the Session, SCC Listings, the Subject, and the Course Number of your teaching assignment. The website is updated frequently and is more accurate than the printed catalog.
3. Check the LRCCD Faculty Web Page Generator.
4. Sign into the Intranet you find your Class Roster(s).
Any inaccuracies should be discussed with the supervising Dean and the Department Chairperson(s).
5. How may I obtain a Parking Permit?
How may I obtain a Parking Permit?
The Los Rios Police Department issues permits for full-time faculty, adjunct faculty and classified staff.
Police Office business hours are:
Monday – Thursday 8 am–7 pm
Friday 8 am — 5 pm
Contact Campus Police:
On campus: ext 2221
To obtain a permit, faculty and staff must present:
- a copy of their Tentative Class Schedule
- Intent to Employ
- photo ID
- License Plate Number
- Adjunct and temporary classified personnel must obtain a new permit every semester.
- The College District Police Department operates out of their facility on Sacramento City College Way at the base of the parking structure.
6. May I choose the Textbook for the course I am teaching?
May I choose the Textbook for the course I am teaching?
You have the academic freedom to choose your textbook.
- The department must have adopted the textbook.
- The book should reflect the Course Outline and demonstrate academic rigor.
- Allow time for faculty members to review a copy of the textbook.
7. How do I get a copy of the Textbook?
How do I get a copy of the Textbook?
- Request a Desk Copy of the textbook from the Publisher
- Ask who the Regional Textbook Book Representative is for your subject area. Ask them for all ancillary supplies that accompany the text.
- Learning Resource Center (Library) Reserve Desk:
Ask if you may temporarily check out the text.
Main Campus LRC: 916-558-2467
Davis Center LRC (Room 215): 530-747-5200
West Sacramento LRC: 916-375-5511
- College Book Store:
Buy the textbook.
Save the receipt.
Return the book as soon as you get one from the publisher.
8. What should I include in a Syllabus?
1. When creating your Syllabus, use the Syllabus Check List to make sure you have satisfied all requirements:
- Course name, number, and code; meeting room, time, days, semester.
- Your name, voice mail number, your office hours, location and your Los Rios e-mail address.
- Required and recommended textbooks and supplies
- Required and advised prerequisites, co-requisites, and advisories
- Grading policies, scales and evaluation criteria
- Time line of the course, including specific assignments, due dates and examination dates
- Course objectives and/or student learning outcomes
- Faculty philosophy
- Student Code of Conduct (consider your policy about the use of electronic devices-cell phones, computers, & games during class time.)
- Plagiarism/Cheating policy
- Tardiness and attendance policy
- Make-up policy
- Accommodations for students with disabilities
- Field Trips
2. Ask the Division Administrative Assistant or your Department Chair for a copy of SCC’s Course Outline from SOCRATES. (Your Syllabus must reflect the Course Outline.)
3. You may also ask the Division Administrative Assistant or your Department Chair for copies of a previous syllabi used for the course.
4. Before the beginning of each semester, give the Division Administrative Assistant a copy of your course Syllabus with the Syllabus Checklist.
9. Do I have the flexibility to develop my own Lectures, Exams, Quizzes, Assignments and Activities?
Do I have the flexibility to develop my own Lectures, Exams, Quizzes, Assignments and Activities?
You have the academic freedom to choose the presentation of the course.
Your course content must reflect SCC’s Course Outline.
Ask the Instructional Area Division Administrative Assistant or the Department Chair for a copy of the Course Outline from SOCRATES, (inside the Intranet).
10. What other things do I need to request?
What other things do I need to request?
You should confirm that the Instructional Area Division Administrative Assistant has requested the following for you:
11. Can I receive or send “Snail Mail” on Campus?
Yes. Mailboxes are located in the Instructional Area Division’s Faculty Workroom. If you are teaching in an Outreach Center, your mailbox will be located there.
Intra/Inter Campus Mail: Multiple-use manila envelopes are available to enclose your intra/inter campus correspondence. Place the manila envelope into the plastic bin dedicated for this correspondence in the division office.
U.S. Postal Service mail is collected in a canvas bag, usually hung above the plastic bin. Please be sure to have postage on your parcel.
The mail is usually collected twice a day. (~11 am and 2 pm.)
12. How do I set up and access Campus Voice Mail?
13. How do I login to Email?
14. Where do I obtain Class Rosters to manage my class?
Where do I obtain Class Rosters to manage my class? (Attendance, adding & withdrawing students.)
The class rosters are available by using your Intranet Login.
Instructions are available online along with information about Posting Grades, etc.
When are Grades due for the end of the semester?
15. Where do I have course handouts Duplicated?
The Duplicating Office is located in Reprographic Center, R-4. Across the street from the Business Building.
- Complete a Duplicating Request Form online. OR:
- Duplicating Request Forms are located in the BSS Division Office*.
- Have the Administrative Assistant sign the form.
- Paper clip a hard copy of what you want duplicated to the Duplicating Request Form.
- Place into an Inter-campus Mailing Envelope
- Send to the Duplicating Office through the campus mail.
*There is a copy machine in the Division Workroom for a limited amount of copying.
16. May Adjunct Faculty Hold Office Hours?
May Adjunct Faculty Hold Office Hours?
- Ask the Administrative Assistant and the Department Chair what space they recommend you to use. There is limited office space on the Main Campus.
- Many of the Outreach Centers have an open area and computers for you to use.
- Adjunct faculty who teach a .40 load may be eligible for compensation for an office hour. Please submit a copy of your office hours to your division office. Include that information on your Syllabus.
17. Am I eligible for a Staff ID Card?
Am I eligible for a Staff ID Card?
Everyone may obtain a Staff ID Card. The card enables you to check out books and videos, and to use the library’s online services. Please bring a photo ID and your Employee ID number to the Operations Office located on East Street, near Library Way.
18. How do I get a a Desire to Learn (D2L) site for my course?
How do I get a a Desire to Learn (D2L) site for my course?
Textbook Publishers frequently offer tests, quizzes, PowerPoint presentations, etc that can be uploaded to D2L,. if you have adopted their textbook.
Be sure to contact their textbook representative.
You can upload these modules into your Learning Management System.
19. What is this FLEX everyone is talking about?
What is this FLEX everyone is talking about?
At the beginning of each semester there is an Orientation for New Adjunct Faculty. Look for the Orientation in the FLEX schedule
20. Are there any there resources available like a a Faculty Handbook?
There are many resources available online. The Faculty Handbook can be found in the forms area under “F” for Faculty Handbook.