- Professor: Debra Crumpton
- Professor: Dyan Pease
- Professor: Linda Reynolds
This Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer degree provides students with a major that fulfills the general requirements for transfer to the California State University. Students with this degree will receive priority admission with junior status to the California State University System. The Associate in Science in Business for Transfer (AS-T) may be obtained by the completion of 60 transferable, semester units with a minimum of a 2.0 GPA, including the major or area of emphasis described in the Required Program outlined below (earning a “C” or better in these courses), and the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC).
Students should work closely with their Sacramento City College counselors to ensure that they are taking the appropriate coursework to prepare for majoring in Business at the four year college to which they wish to transfer.
The career opportunities in business include, but are not limited to: account executive, analyst, bank employee, manager, entrepreneur, financial planner, government service, insurance representative, investment counselor, public administration, product manager, purchasing agent, retail/industrial sales and stockbroker. Some options may require more than two years of study and additional licensing.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- identify and explain the major functional areas of business organizations including management, marketing, finance, and accounting.
- apply commonly used computer application programs to create relevant business documents.
- apply accounting and mathematical concepts and principles in making decisions about business operations.
- assess the relationships and inter-dependencies of economic, social, legal, and global environments in which businesses operate.
Associate in Science for Transfer Degree
The Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer (AS-T) degree may be obtained by completion of 60 transferable, semester units with a minimum 2.0 GPA, including (a) the major or area of emphasis described in the Required Program, and (b) either the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education-Breadth Requirements.
The Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) student completion requirements (as stated in SB1440 law):
(1) Completion of a minimum of 60 semester units or 90 quarter units that are eligible for transfer to the California State university, including both of the following:
(A) The California State University General Education-Breadth Requirements or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC).
(B) A minimum of 18 semester units or 27 quarter units in a major or area of emphasis, as determined by the community college district.
(2) Obtainment of a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
ADTs also require that students must earn a “C” or better in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis.