Customer Service Contacts
Customer Service Links
Businesses with exceptional customer service flourish, but it is often difficult for employees to obtain the requisite skills while on the job. The Customer Service Certificate program offers skills and techniques today that can be implemented in the workplace tomorrow. In addition to the basic areas of customer service, communication, team building, and attitude, several other topics are incorporated, which will enhance any employee’s overall job performance, as well as improve service to customers.
Career Opportunities include client service representative, account manager, technical support representative, customer care agent, customer service supervisor, call center representative, field service representative, help desk specialist, retail customer support representative, relationship manager.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- examine why it is so important for businesses to provide excellent quality service.
- demonstrate verbal and nonverbal workplace communication skills.
- identify attitude problems and demonstrate the skills required to maintain a positive attitude in the workplace.
- apply the leadership skills necessary to manage high performance teams.
- assess the importance of ethics and values in the workplace and formulate a personal ethical philosophy.
- combine workplace skills with other key interpersonal skills (time management, change management, stress management, decision making, problem solving) to effectively meet the needs of customers.
The Certificate may be obtained by completion of the required program with grades of “C” or better or equivalent.