This program provides the knowledge and skills necessary for advertising work with print media, electronic and broadcast media, retail and general business organizations, and advertising agencies.
The program provides an opportunity for students to acquire knowledge and training for careers in advertising, e-marketing, product management, public relations, services marketing, media planning, media buying, copywriter, communications.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- choose the appropriate strategy, execution, and media for advertising and promotion.
- evaluate the principles of product development, pricing, distribution, promotion, and market research in the development and execution of marketing strategy.
- examine the different concepts of ethics and social responsibility.
- research and evaluate consumer buying behavior and recommend how to utilize marketing communications most effectively to meet consumers’ needs.
- assess design techniques to create effective marketing materials.
- examine the major functional areas of business organizations, including management, marketing, finance, and accounting.
- evaluate practical business problems and utilize critical thinking in the determination of alternative solutions.
- formulate original ideas and concepts in addition to integrating the ideas of others into the problem solving process.
- create and present media advertising for an advertising campaign.
Associate in Science Degree
The Business, Marketing, Advertising Associate in Science (A.S.) degree may be obtained by completion of the required program, plus general education requirements, plus sufficient electives to meet a 60-unit total. See SCC graduation requirements.