Office Administration Contacts
- Professor: Debra Crumpton
- Professor: Lauri Smedley
Office Administration Links
This program is designed for students who are interested in working in a business office. Students will receive classroom instruction followed by on-the-job work experience that will equip them to be successful in entry-level clerical positions in an office environment.
Upon completion of this career certificate, possible job opportunities will include: office assistant, general clerical worker, office clerk, records clerk, and information clerk.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate effective oral and written communication.
- demonstrate the ability to key at least 36 WPM by touch.
- use office software to create, save, edit, and print documents.
- demonstrate proficiency using electronic forms of communication.
- support basic administrative procedures in an office environment.
- research information using the Internet.
- apply techniques of 10-key operation to a variety of data entry employment tasks and tests.
Certificate of Achievement
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required program with grades of “C” or better or equivalent.