Office Administration Contacts
- Professor: Debra Crumpton
- Professor: Lauri Smedley
Office Administration Links
This program prepares students for increased responsibilities in an administrative office where an emphasis on computer applications, keyboarding skills, and business procedures are required or desired.
This program prepares students for employment as accounting clerks, payroll clerks, administrative clerks, and general office clerks.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate effective oral and written communication.
- compose business documents using current office suite programs.
- research solutions to business problems using electronic and print sources.
- calculate payroll and prepare federal and state payroll tax returns.
- identify, record, transfer, and summarize business transactions.
- prioritize electronic and printed records.
- demonstrate the ability to key at least 40 WPM by touch.
- create effective presentations for audiences.
- examine the major functional areas of business including management, human relations, marketing, finance, accounting, and international business.
Certificate of Achievement
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required program with grades of “C” or better or equivalent.