Office Administration Contacts
- Professor: Debra Crumpton
- Professor: Lauri Smedley
Office Administration Links
This exciting degree program is designed for people who desire to work in virtual office, office administration, or office management careers. People who enjoy the challenges of learning new technologies and the flexibility of working outside of the typical office environment will be interested in this program. If you are considering a career in which you work from home, you should complete this certificate
This program prepares students for careers as virtual entrepreneurs including virtual assistants, office supervisors, administrative support supervisors, and administrative assistants.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- generate effective business documents by composing and formatting employment documents, business presentations, and formal reports that exhibit a clear understanding of the structure of English grammar, word usage, spelling, punctuation, and business vocabulary using office-level software.
- demonstrate proficiency in and apply industry-standard methods to manual and electronic records management, storage, and retrieval of records.
- assemble in small groups to conduct research including assessing Internet options in the search for relevant information.
- evaluate and prepare various financial statements for business transactions.
- assess a variety of management philosophies and management problems using cognitive skills to make appropriate decisions.
- apply practical problem solving, and analytical and critical thinking skills to function successfully as consumers, employees, and business persons.
- apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom to real world business situations.
- examine the major functional areas of business including management, human relations, marketing, finance, accounting, and international business.
- demonstrate supervision and management skills to facilitate workflow and productivity in today’s workplace.
- devise effective Internet marketing strategies that enhance business success.
Associate in Science (A.S.) Degree
The Office Administration, Virtual Office and Management Technologies, Level D Associate in Science (A.S.) degree may be obtained by completion of the required program, plus general education requirements, plus sufficient electives to meet a 60-unit total. See SCC graduation requirements.
Certificate of Achievement
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required courses with grades of “C” or better or equivalent.