Real Estate Contacts
Real Estate Links
The associate degree and certificate program in real estate focus on the practical application and understanding of the concepts utilized in real estate markets and the real estate career fields. Course work includes real estate principles, legal aspects of real estate, real estate practice, real estate finance, real estate economics, and appraisal.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- identify and explain the major functional areas of real estate, including legal aspects, finance, economics, real estate practice, and appraisal.
- develop leadership skills and abilities that are effective in a real estate environment.
- analyze practical real estate problems and utilize research and critical thinking to evaluate and recommend alternative solutions.
- integrate real estate principles related to finance, law, products, services, and information.
- assess current real estate market conditions.
- recommend appropriate sales strategies, based on market conditions.
- develop the necessary background and qualifications for the California Real Estate Brokers and Salesperson license examinations.
- demonstrate an understanding of how computer applications and technology enhance one’s ability to engage in real estate practices.
- identify and describe software programs used in the real estate industry.
- utilize software and produce documents from the computer in the areas of real estate finance, real estate appraisal, property management, and residential sales.
- use computer applications to develop real estate flyers, utilize the Internet as a research and marketing tool and set up and manage e-mail communications.
- demonstrate an understanding of how social media is used in the real estate profession to market to and communicate with potential clients.
Associate in Science Degree
The Associate in Science degree may be obtained by completing the required program, plus general education requirements, plus sufficient electives to meet a 60-unit total. See SCC graduation requirements
Certificate of Achievement
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completing the required program with grades of “C” or better.