email@example.comCommunityThe SCC Community Studies Program and SAGE Program
In collaboration with 916 Ink and the California Endowment
A comic book project exploring the policies, history, and stories that have shaped Sacramento, and in particular South Sacramento.
Two opportunities to participate:
Tuesday, February 7th
- Learn about the “How Did We Get Here?” comic book project
- Discuss public policies and practices that led to segregation and inequality in Sacramento over the last century
- Prepare to collect interviews and narratives from community members to help show the human side of the effects of public policies and how resistance happens
Wednesday, February 22nd
- Bring your completed interview/narrative
- Discuss what you heard and consider common themes and implications that speak to the development and the future of our community
Anyone who turns in a quality 2-4-page Q&A and/or narrative will receive a $50 Visa cash card!
~ Light refreshments will be served ~
RSVP to save a seat at firstname.lastname@example.org