Children will be able to:
- experience activities appropriate for their stage in growth and development.
- develop intellectual, physical, emotional, social and perceptual skills.
- explore, discover and create through concrete, hands-on experiences in all curriculum areas.
- practice independence and self-reliance.
- develop positive attitudes toward themselves and others.
- participate in multicultural and anti-bias curriculum activities.
Parents will be able to:
- observe their children and confer with staff to discuss their child’s development.
- discuss common interests and concerns with fellow parents and Child Development Center teachers.
- propose and contribute their special skills and talents to the program.
- attend parent education meetings.
- serve as members of the Parent Advisory Board.
- recognize and facilitate positive family relationships.
Students will be able to:
- design and prepare activities and projects that are developmentally appropriate for the Child Development Center children.
- demonstrate developmentally appropriate activities and projects with the Child Development Center children under the supervision of staff and teachers.
- analyze the successes and growth areas of the implemented activities and projects.
- employ different teaching styles and discuss which styles have been most successful for cohorts.
- apply their skills as an integral member of the Child Development Center team.
- evaluate their commitment to the field of Child Development and Early Childhood Education.
Staff will be able to:
- reflect the Guidelines of Developmentally Appropriate Practices of National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- respect the health, safety and welfare of the children and families of the Child Development Center.
- interpret the philosophy, goals and curriculum of the Center to students parents.
- guide and mentor the students, parents and children to enhance their learning experiences.
- model appropriate Early Childhood Education practices and methods to students, parents and children.