- Professor: Sandy Feder
- Professor: Sheley Little (M. Little)
This career certificate is designed to prepare students to develop, design, manage, and create Websites using Active Server Pages (ASP).
Web design skills and experience are needed for webmaster/web administrator jobs as well as many IT specialists and support positions. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (2008-2018) figures, job demands in these areas will grow at 13.0% annually and will continue to exceed the number of available and trained workers.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- apply file management techniques to the management of multi-level Web sites hosted on a Web server.
- utilize multiple programs simultaneously in order to develop Web sites.
- utilize markup languages, including HXTML, web authoring software, and cascading style sheets to develop multi-level Web sites that are uploaded via File Transfer Protocol (FTP) to a Web server.
- plan a structured approach to Web site development that identifies the information dissemination needs of a client and organizes the content effectively and efficiently in order to communicate to an identified audience; then develop and implement an appropriate Web solution.
- demonstrate basic skills in form validation and processing, server-side programming with Active Server Pages (ASP) and database-driven Web development.
- demonstrate proficiency in the process of Web project management on a real-world Web site including design specification, research, production, modification, and presentation.
- design, implement, manage, and evaluate data management systems involving custom programming to solve complex business problems.
Certificate of Achievement
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required program with grades of “C” or better or equivalent.