- Program Contact, CIS Department Co-Chair: Sheley Little
- Program Contact: Bryan Krofchok
- CIS Department Co-Chair: Tim Taylor
- CIS - Online and hybrid course offerings
CIS - Applications - Schedule of Classes
CIS - Core - Schedule of Classes
CIS - Networking - Schedule of Classes
CIS - Programming - Schedule of Classes
CIS - Security - Schedule of Classes
CIS - Web - Schedule of Classes
2015 SALARY GUIDE: IT Salary Evolution
Web Developers are proficient at creating Web site structure and interactivity. The Web Developer degree requires students to use database tools and custom applications to design, code, and test interactive Web sites. There is emphasis on learning the programming and scripting languages that connect a database to a Web site.
This Web Developer degree prepares the student to become a Web Developer, Webmaster, Systems Analyst, Web Systems Analyst, IT Analyst, ICT Analyst, Web Database Administrator, Back-end Developer, or Web Programmer.
Web Developer Story
Web Development Advice – Interview with Dev Tips
Interview of Travis Neilson with Dev Tips (check his channel on YouTube). His thoughts and advice on web development, learning technologies, and what it’s like in the industry today.
What you need to know to be a Web Developer
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- manage a multi-level Web site hosted on a Web server.
- utilize multiple programs simultaneously in order to develop Web sites.
- recommend a Web scripting language, current markup language or Web authoring software, and cascading style sheets to develop complex Web sites that are uploaded via File Transfer Protocol (FTP) to a Web server.
- research and implement current, valid World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards including technical recommendations for markup languages, the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), the Web Mobility Initiative (WMI), and other recommendations as they are introduced.
- plan a structured approach to Web site development that identifies the information dissemination needs of a client and organizes the content effectively and efficiently in order to communicate to an identified audience; then develop and implement an appropriate Web solution.
- utilize client-side scripting in order to manipulate interactive objects like navigation bars, forms, rollovers, other event handling, and the control of windows, frames, and layers.
- develop Web solutions that include form validation and processing, server-side programming with hypertext-preprocessor (PHP), CGI scripting with Perl, and database-driven Web development.
- demonstrate proficiency in the process of Web project management on a real-world Web site including design specification, research, production, modification, time estimation, and presentation.
- design, implement, manage, and evaluate data management systems involving custom programming to solve complex business problems.
- estimate the hours needed or cost to develop and deliver the solution to a complex business problem.
- construct code in a currently used Web scripting language.
- demonstrate an understanding of the current technologies and processes of interactive design, motion graphics, and Web site development.
- utilize user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) to enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty by improving the usability, ease of use, and pleasure provided in the interaction between the customer and the product.
Associate in Science (A.S.) Degree
The Associate in Science degree may be obtained by completion of the required program, plus general education requirements, plus sufficient electives to meet a 60-unit total.
Certificate of Achievement
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required program with grades of “C” or better. The below certificates are intended as stepping stones for students to mark milestones in their studies as they continue working toward the Web Developer Certificate or A.S. Degree program.
Other Certificate Options: Web Production Specialist
Other Certificate Options: Front-End Web Developer
Other Certificate Options: Web Professional