First Time in College – MUST complete the following steps BEFORE you can meet with a counselor:
5) Attend a New Student Counselor Workshop and plan your 1st semester of courses.
To see a Counselor at SCC, appointments are required.
There are a limited number of sessions each day that are scheduled until full.
- The focus is on BRIEF matters: Plan courses for ONE semester only (known as an abbreviated iSEP), basic questions about general education and classes, advanced education.
- Scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. You can call on the same-day, to schedule.
- Counselor availability may fill up early in the day. Late arrival may be asked to return another day.
- Students must be present when their name is called.
- If not present when your name is called, you will be removed from the list.
Appointments Scheduled in Advance
Some matters just take more time. Appointments scheduled in advance are required for the following:
- Evaluation of transcripts from Los Rios or other colleges
- Develop a multi-semester iSEP (Individual Student Education Plan) also known as a comprehensive iSEP.
- Discuss career and transfer options or personal matters.
- Veterans’ Services – education related
During the regular academic year and during non-peak enrollment times, appointments are scheduled up to two-weeks in advance. Please plan ahead. To schedule an appointment in advance, please call 916-558-2204.
Appointments fill up fast so please call early for the best choice of days and times.
For questions regarding financial aid eligibility, status, payment schedule, and types of aid, please consult the Financial Aid Department.
Services related to setting up eServices or account problems, Admissions and Records Staff are happy to assist you in Business Building, room 153.