First Time in College – MUST complete the following steps BEFORE you can meet with a counselor:
To see a Counselor at SCC, appointments are required.
Quick Questions (Same Day Appointments)
These sessions provide up to 15 minutes with a counselor. There are a limited number of 30-minute sessions reserved for specific needs that take more time to address.
- BRIEF: Courses for ONE semester only, basic questions about general education and classes, advanced education.
- Quick Questions are same day services that are handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Counselor availability may fill up early in the day. Late arrival may be asked to return another day.
- Students must be present when their name is called.
- If not present when your name is called, you will be removed from the list.
In-Depth Appointments are required for students who would like an evaluation of transcripts from Los Rios or other colleges, to develop a multi-semester iSEP (Individual Student Education Plan) or to discuss career and transfer options or personal matters. Counseling appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes. (One Hour for Veterans’ Services)
- During the regular academic year and during non-peak enrollment times, appointments are scheduled in advance, Monday through Thursday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- During high traffic times, only same-day appointments are available, except on a case-by-case basis.
- Appointments can be scheduled up to two weeks in advance. Please plan ahead. To schedule an appointment in advance, please call 916-558-2204.
- Appointments fill up fast so please call early for the best choice of days and times.
For questions regarding financial aid eligibility, status, payment schedule, and types of aid, please consult the Financial Aid Department.
Services related to setting up eServices or account problems, Admissions and Records Staff are happy to assist you in Business Building, room 153.