Crisis Intervention Team
The Crisis Intervention Team is responsible for:
- Providing consultation to faculty and staff when requested. Consultation may involve:
- Discussions to assess disruptive behavior.
- Clarification of action to be taken.
- Steps to resolve situation satisfactorily.
- Direct intervention and mediation with individuals involved in disruptive situations as appropriate.
- Providing brief crisis counseling to individuals if so requested, or providing referrals to counseling services in the community.
- Offering Crisis Prevention Training to faculty and staff on request.
Members of the Crisis Intervention Team include:
The offices represented by these members are available to provide support to students, faculty, and staff needing assistance in dealing with student behaviors and possible violations of the student standards of conduct. Other campus personnel may be brought in on an as-needed basis.