How to Enroll
In order to successfully enroll in the Advanced Education program, the student must:
- Complete an online application for Sacramento City College, by clicking HERE. Within about an hour of submitting the application, a permanent SCC Student ID number will be assigned.
- Print and fill out the Advanced Education Application. Make sure to read, sign and date the Los Rios Advanced Education Policies and Guidelines on the backside of the form.
- Meet with your High School counselor to discuss and determine what classes are appropriate for you to take at SCC. Some classes have a pre-requisite and some may require an assessment test. The tests are given at the SCC Assessment Center on a daily basis. Davis Center also offers assessment tests on a limited schedule (please contact the center for availability).
- Once the Advanced Education form is complete, bring it to either the Davis Center or an SCC main campus counselor. Counseling at the Davis Center requires an appointment; please call 530-747-5200 to schedule a time. Students must be present for the appointment; no exceptions. Note that counseling appointments fill up very quickly.
Things to bring to the appointment:
|1. SCC Student ID Number|
|2. Advanced Education Application (completed with parent/guardian and high school counselor signatures)|
|3. Your High School Transcript|
|4. Documentation of Age (if not reflected on your transcript)|
|5. A typed statement explaining how you meet criteria to participate in Advanced Education (no more than a page)|
If the application is approved by the SCC counselor, the staff at the Davis Center or the SCC main campus Admissions and Records office will be able to enroll you in the class, provided the class is open. IMPORTANT: Advanced Education students enroll in person during Priority 3 and Open Registration periods only. Students are assigned an Enrollment Appointment which gives a specific time and date they can start registration (enrollment appointments are computer-generated and randomly-assigned). They cannot do so online or by using the phone registration system.
For summer/fall 2015 the dates are:
- Priority 3: May 14-15, 2015
– Open Registration: Starts May 18, 2015
Classes fill up fast. Enrollment is based on class availability!