To be eligible for enrollment in the program, the student must:
- Complete ENGRD 11 or ESLR 310 with a grade of “C” or better; or placement into ENGRD 110 or ESLR 320 through the assessment process.
- Provide proof of eligibility which can be obtained by either (1) submitting an unofficial college transcript indicating the successful completion of an appropriate level English Reading course or (2) submitting the results of assessment testing that verifies placement in an appropriate level English Reading course.
(High school or college grade point averages are not used to establish eligibility for the dental assisting program.)
- Eligible students are selected for the program according to the following steps:
- Complete the online application (which includes uploading proof of eligibility) between January 1 and April 1 to apply for the fall semester program start.
- All eligible candidates will be entered into a random selection pool.
- The first 30 eligible applications will be selected for the program; all others are alternates and will be notified if/when seats become available.
- Students accepted for enrollment in the Dental Assisting Program will be required to provide documentation of:
- capability to perform essential job-related functions of a dental assistant;
- completed physical examination and immunizations;
- TB test;
- current professional level CPR certification; and
- completion of criminal background check and an 8-panel drug screen test.