Upon completion of the dental hygiene program the student will:
1. assess, plan, implement and evaluate dental hygiene treatment for a diverse population based on their total needs.
2. apply professional, ethical, legal and regulatory concepts to the provision and support of oral health care services.
3. assess, plan, implement and evaluate community-based oral health projects including health promotion and disease prevention activities.
4. be successful on the dental hygiene National Board examination and on State Board examinations.
5. provide oral health care services to patients utilizing appropriate infection and hazard control management standards.