Call 916-558-2303 for appointments
Initial Appointment (Screening)
- Your first visit will take approximately 45 minutes.
- Your dental health will be assessed to determine if you are a good fit for the educational requirements of our students.
- A brief health history will be followed by a brief oral exam.
- The need for x-rays will be determined and may be taken at this time if appropriate.
- There is no charge for the initial screening. A full set of x-rays is $25.
- Routine cases will be assigned to the spring and summer clinics only.
- More complex cases will be assigned to fall, spring & summer clinics.
- After the screening appointment, all cleaning appointments are 2-3 hours in length.
- Complex treatment plans usually require more than one visit.
- In addition to a thorough cleaning, appointments involve:
- Medical & Dental Histories
- Oral Hygiene instructions
- Periodontal Examination & Periodontal Probing
- Local Anesthesia and/or nitrous oxide may be administered
- This may be a separate appointment from the cleaning appointment.
- X-rays are taken either conventionally (with traditional film) or digitally determined by each individual patient’s needs.
- Please allow about 90 minutes for a Full Mouth X-ray (18 images).
- A full mouth set of x-rays is $25.00.
- A written prescription from your dentist is required.
- The x-rays are mailed (or e-mailed) directly to the dentist.