To use our services, you’ll need to get approved for testing accommodations, and communicate with both your instructor and our office.
Complete the intake process
Visit our intake page, call 558-2087, or visit our office to learn more. Don’t forget to fill out a service request form at the beginning of each semester, including summer.
Contact your instructor
You’ll need an instructor notification letter from our office, which is located in PAC-102. You’ll meet your instructor in person to talk about your accommodations. Do this early in the semester!
Set up your test time
- Call 558-2545 or visit us in PAC-102.
- Tell us whether your instructor will drop off the test.
- Schedule your test at least three working days in advance.
- If you’ll need a scribe, computer, or private room, schedule your test five days in advance.
Check your progress
Since both you and your instructor need to complete several steps, it’s important to verify that everything is ready before the date of your test.
What to expect
Certain rules and requirements apply to the testing environment. Make sure you come prepared.
On the day of your test
- Sign in at PAC-102. Please let the counter staff know you have a testing appointment.
- Arrive early to allow for any unexpected delays.
- Show picture ID to the proctor at exam time. Testing cannot take place without ID.
To use an adapted computer
- This accommodation must be approved in advance by your counselor.
- Complete computer training at the assistive technology center in advance.
- Schedule computer time when you schedule your test.
Proctoring room rules
- Enter and leave quietly; other students are testing.
- Food and drink are allowed only with a doctor’s note.
- To talk or take a break, contact the proctor.
- Earplugs and ear protectors are recommended.
- Exams are closely monitored. Staff enters the area often.
- If cheating occurs, the exam is stopped, the faculty member is notified and all materials are held for faculty action.
- Notify the test proctor if you need to use the restroom.
- Leave all test materials and personal items in the proctoring area.
- Your break will be timed, and test time will be extended accordingly.
- Tests must be cancelled 24 hours in advance.
- Students are responsible for rescheduling tests.
- Students are responsible for cancelling exam appointments.
- Materials from cancelled tests are returned to the instructor.
- Exams that are not taken at the scheduled time will be returned to the instructor.
- Proctoring staff must verify rescheduled exams with the instructor.