The eligibility requirements for CARE are:
- Students must meet all EOPS eligibility requirements.
- Student must be at least 18 years of age.
- Student must be receiving CalWorks/ TANF benefits or at least one of student’s minor children still receives benefits.
- Student must be determined by the county welfare department as “single head of household.”
- Student must pursue an educational job training program that leads to a certificate degree or transfer objective.
- Must be enrolled in 12 units or more, or have a DSPS unit accommodation letter to be in reduced units.