Fashion Program Contacts
- Program Contact: Lynne Giovannetti
- Counseling Liaison: Jonathan Harvey
Fashion Program Links
This certificate consists of four core Applied Apparel Studies courses. Textiles gives students an overview of appropriate fabrics to use for different applications. Premier Level Construction builds upon basic skills and adds fit, alteration and construction of apparel. Intermediate Construction continues the understanding of fit, fabric selection and detailed seaming techniques. Advanced Couture Construction lifts the skill level to an advanced placement. These four courses provide students the tools needed for entry-level jobs in multiple subject areas.
This certificate prepares students for entry level jobs in the apparel industry and costume studios.
Upon completion of this program the student will be able to:
- identify names and characteristics of various fibers and weaves.
- choose appropriate fabrics for different project applications.
- layout, cut, fit and build garments from commercial patterns.
- analyze, assess and alter commercial patterns.
Certificate of Achievement (COA)
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required program with grades of “C” or better or equivalent.