- Complete a FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application (CADA) starting January 1st (March 2nd is the SCC priority deadline for the FAFSA and a deadline for the CA Dream Act Application).
- Complete a Cal Grant GPA Verification Form by March 2nd. Community College students who are eligible to complete a FAFSA have a second deadline of September 2nd to submit their Cal Grant requirements.
-SCC electronically submits a GPA for students with 24 earned SCC units, or a re-established GPA with 16 earned SCC units by deadlines.
-Outside earned units may calculated by SCC Adm&Rec on GPA form.
-HS graduates with less than 16 earned college units should return to their HS.
- Around Mid-April the SCC Financial Aid Office loads student files for the upcoming academic year.
- SCC Financial Aid sends out an email (Los Rios Gmail) notifying students to log-in to “My City Aid” to check their Financial Aid Status.
IMPORTANT: By logging into the My City Aid portal, you consent to obtaining your financial aid documentation and award information electronically. If not, see the Financial Aid Office to request a paper copy of your financial aid information.
- Students are randomly chosen for verification.
- Your Financial Aid File will not be processed until all documents are submitted.
- If you submit all your documents by early June, you will be guaranteed your Financial Aid the first week of school.
- Allow 4-6 weeks to process your file.
- Always be aware that more documentation may be required. If this is the case you will be contacted by our office immediately.
- Some files may be released to the Department of Education. If this is the case, your file may be delayed a week or two.
Full-time status (Fullx) = 12.00 or more units
Three -quarter time status (3/4x) = 9.00 — 11.99 units
Half-time status (1/2x) = 6.00 — 8.99 units
Less than half-time status (<1/2x) = 0.50 — 5.99 units
Among many other factors your award is also based on your enrollment status. Below you will find sample awards for students who have a zero EFC.
|Enrollment Status||Annual Award||1st Payment||2nd Payment|
IMPORTANT: If your enrollment is Full time or 3/4 time you will receive two disbursements per semester. For example, a Full time student will receive two disbursements of $1444 and $1444 to equal the payment of $2888 (1st Payment) during the the Fall semester. While, a 1/2 time student will only receive one disbursement of $1444 (1st Payment) during the Fall semester.
- There are two disbursements per semester. (Our office disburses funds every Friday)
- Your must receive and activate a Higher One Card to receive your disbursements. (Please make sure that your Name and Address is correct with the Admissions and Records Office)