- Apply for the FAFSA/Dream Act starting January 1st (March 2nd is the priority deadline for the FAFSA/Dream Act).
- Apply for the Cal Grant by completing your FAFSA/Dream Act and GPA Verification Form by March 2nd. Community College students have a second deadline of September 2nd to submit their Cal Grant requirements.
- Around Mid-April the SCC Financial Aid Office loads student files for the 2014-2015 year.
- SCC Financial Aid sends out an email notifying students to log-in to “My City Aid” to check their Financial Aid Status
- Students are randomly chosen for verification.
- Your Financial Aid File will not be processed until all documents are submitted.
- If you submit all your documents by early June, you will be guaranteed your Financial Aid the first week of school.
- Allow 4-6 weeks to process your file.
- Always be aware that more documentation may be required. If this is the case you will be contacted by our office immediately.
- Some files may be released to the Department of Education. If this is the case, your file may be delayed a week or two.
Full-time status (FullX) = 12.00 or more units
Three -quarter time status (3/4X) = 9.00 — 11.99 units
Half-time status (1/2X) = 6.00 — 8.99 units
Less than half-time status (<1/2X) = 0.50 — 5.99 units
Among many other factors your award is also based on your enrollment status. Below you will find sample awards for students who have a zero EFC.
|EnrollmentStatus||Annual Award||1st Payment||2nd Payment|
Please Note: If your enrollment is Full time or 3/4 time you will receive two disbursements per semester. For example, a Full time student will receive two disbursements of $1412 and $1411 to equal the payment of $2823 (1st Payment) during the the Fall semester. While, a 1/2 time student will only receive one disbursement of $1412 (1st Payment) during the Fall semester.
- There are two disbursements per semester. (Our office disburses funds every Friday)
- Your Higher One Card must be activated to receive your disbursements. (Please make sure that your Address is correct with the Admissions and Records Office)