There are several ways tax filers can request a Tax Return Transcript and other IRS Transcripts, most of which do not involve payment of a fee to the IRS. Some methods take longer for processing than others.
Click on the image below to download a PDF explaining the methods you can use to obtain your Tax Return Transcript:
The Letter of Non-Filing is not available from the IRS until June 15th 2015 for each tax year.
PLEASE NOTE: If this is the ONLY document that is pending on your financial aid file, you will still receive your first disbursement the first week of school – if you submit your Letter of Non-Filing by July 15th 2015 for the 2015-2016 academic year, and July 15, 2016 for the 2016-2017 academic year.
What Kind of Tax Documents Will I Need?
If you are selected for Verification we will be requesting documentation verifying your household income. IF you and/or your parents use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on the FAFSA application to transfer your income tax information directly from the IRS, we will not require a physical copy of your Tax Return Transcripts.
For those ineligible to use the Data Retrieval Tool, we may require certain documents:
For Tax Filers
- Print your Tax Return Transcripts if you are an Independent Student.
- If married, and your spouse has filled processor, please also provide their Tax Return Transcripts.
- If requested by your file processor, please also provide your Wage and Income Transcript
- If you are a Dependent Student and you did not earn income or file taxes, we will require only your parent’s Tax Return Transcripts
For non-Tax Filers
- If you reported earning income on the FAFSA but are not going to file, please provide your IRS Wage and Income Transcript.
- If you reported ‘Will File’ on the FAFSA but are not planning to do so, please provide a Letter of Non-Filing to accompany your IRS Wage and Income Transcript
- If you did not earn taxable income, or file taxes and indicated as such on the FAFSA application, please provide a Verification Worksheet – Independent Worksheet, or a Verification Worksheet – Dependent if your a Dependent Student. Both forms are available through the Financial Aid website, or on MyCity Aid.