- STEP ONE: 2014-2015 SCC Loan Counseling and MPN Requirements
- STEP TWO: The Online Loan Application Criteria
- STEP THREE: Loan Certification Timeline and Notification Information
Complete all the below loan counseling and MPN requirements beginning July 1, 2014:
- Sign in and complete “Direct Loan Entrance Counseling” at www.studentloans.gov
- Sign in and sign the 2014 – 2015 “Master Promissory Note” (MPN) at http://www.studentloans.gov/
NOTE: Allow 1 week for posting of your completion dates. View your dates on “My City Aid” Message Tab under “Loan Status Dates.”
Once your Financial Aid file has been reviewed, you will receive an email Award Notification. Students who meet all of the below criteria will have the Online Loan Application available for completion at My City Aid, click the “Apply Online” tab:
a. Meet Step One loan completion requirements
b. Received an 2014-2015 Financial Aid Award Notification
c. Meeting the 2014-2015 SCC Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (SAP)
d. Enrolled in 6 eligible units beginning with the Fall 2014 term
- Financial Aid will review your Online Loan Application based on your eligibility and amounts requested. The loan certification process may take up to 6 weeks from your loan application submission date.
- You may view the weekly loan submission date the office is currently processing on the SCC Financial Aid Homepage under the News “Financial Aid Update.”
- After the loan certification, students will receive an updated email loan award notification to view their loan award amounts and types on My City Aid with information on the “Disbursement Timeline” and cancellation options.