3D Animation and Modeling Contacts
This program introduces students to the 3D animation and computer modeling industry. Through lectures and hands-on assignments, students will master real-world production techniques in both animation and 3D modeling. Rendering, compositing, and camera tracking are also covered.
Upon completion of this program, students will have mastered the necessary skills to complete short animated films and commercial projects for the television, film, biomedical, architectural visualization legal, product design, and video game industries.
Upon completion this program, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the animation production process.
- recognize and articulate the principles of animation.
- create effective storyboards for use in the animation process.
- design and create a 3D character model.
- create and manipulate a wireframe mesh using a variety of tools.
- work with surfaces, including procedural textures and texture maps.
- demonstrate an understanding of the 3D rendering process.
Certificate of Achievement (COA)
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required program with grades of “C” or better or equivalent.
GCOM 400 Introduction to the Principles of Animation
GCOM 401 Introduction to Computer Animation
GCOM 402 Beginning 3D Modeling and Rigging
GCOM 410 Advanced Computer Animation
Total Units Required: 12