Game Design Contacts
In this program, students will study the art, technology, science, and design principles for the creation and development of video games. This program covers video game history, game theory, design of computer-based games, delivery systems, development cycles, case studies, ethical and social issues, emerging technologies, industry trends, and the development of 3D art assets. This program emphasizes the understanding and the interdisciplinary nature of video game design, production, and delivery. This program does not include computer programming topics.
Students who successfully complete this program and continue their education in four year programs will be prepared for entry level positions in the video game industry.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the game design process.
- demonstrate an understanding of game structure and elements.
- demonstrate an understanding of the various roles in a professional game development environment.
- build a working game prototype.
- create 3D art assets for video games.
- optimize 3D art assets to run correctly in a real-time game engine.
Certificate of Achievement (COA)
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required program with grades of “C” or better or equivalent.