Interactive Design Contacts
This program offers in-depth design explorations into interactive development techniques. This program emphasizes the application of design principles to the elements of motion and interactivity. Students will learn the principles of interactive design that will enable them to create Web sites with animation, interactive buttons, video, and sound. The program also covers creative processes for Web design, working with a client, and optimal delivery.
This program will provide students with the core interactive web design skills that are required to fulfill an entry level position at an interactive design or web design firm.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- use the creative process to develop an interactive Web site from concept to uploading.
- apply graphic design principles of visual hierarchy, layout, color, typography, and grid to design a fully functional interactive Web site or application.
- apply animation design principles and storyboarding to create a short animation that visually communicates a message.
- analyze a specific audience and cater graphics and interactivity to that audience’s needs.
- utilize software tools to develop an interactive Web site with animation, sound, and action scripting.
- apply interactive design principles to a variety of mediums, including Web sites, presentations, and rich internet applications.
Certificate of Achievement (COA)
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required program with grades of “C” or better or equivalent.
GCOM 330 Digital Imaging I
GCOM 340 Digital Illustration for Graphic Design I
GCOM 360 Introduction to Web and Interactive Technologies
GCOM 380 Interactive Design I
(-or CISW 405)
GCOM 383 Interactive Design II
GCOM 390 Motion Design I
Total Units Required: 18